It’s a new year! If you’re like me, you’re busy making plans. I love January since it’s the time of year that anything seems possible. I plan out new projects (2 new books in the works) and try to improve the things I’m already doing and loving.
If you’ve been receiving my newsletter then you already know about the Week in Rome tours that Sophie and I lead. They have been so popular that we’ve decided to expand the fun and head to Umbria!
Beginning in October 2017 Sophie and I will be offering a Week in Umbria Food Tour. We are extremely excited about this, since it gives us a chance to share our other home. Our villa, Pergolaccio, will be our base from which we will explore the wine, cheese, cured meats, pasta and other good things from the region.
During this 6 day tour we’ll have the time to truly explore Umbria, from a completely food-centric point of view of course. From breakfast through dinner, we’ll travel all over the the region, tasting, drinking, eating, cooking , learning and having fun.
Highlights of our Week in Umbria:
- Visit to a goat cheese farm
- Meet the majolica artisans of Deruta
- Spend time with one of the most famous vintners in Umbria, Paolo Bea
- Cooking lessons at Pergolaccio
- Visit to 2 olive mills to see olives being pressed
- Guided olive oil tasting
- Dinners and lunches at local restaurants, and even a truck stop
- Visit to a bakery that grows its own grain
- One full day devoted to Truffles (hunting, cooking and eating)
- Visits to the towns of Todi, Orvieto, Bevagna, Deruta and Montefalco
Important stuff to know:
- When: October 22 – 28, 2017
- Who: The tour is limited to 10 guests
- How: Send me an email and I’ll forward all the delicious details.
Hope you can make it!!!