I love taking people around Rome or out to the countryside for the day, but the only problem is that I have so much to share, that there is never enough time. With this in mind Sophie and I have decided to offer week long tours, both in Rome and in Umbria. The tours are a great way to get to know the places that we love in depth.
During this 6 day tour we’ll have the time to explore Rome or Umbria, from a completely food-centric point of view. From breakfast through lunch, we’ll wander all over , tasting, drinking, eating, cooking , learning and having fun.
WEEK IN ROME WITH ELIZABETH AND SOPHIE
For our tour in Rome we’ll be based in the Monti neighborhood, one of the city’s most characteristic and charming areas. You will be staying in a private apartment, complete with kitchen, wifi , bedroom and sitting room. The days will be full, with adventures both in and out of Rome. But don’t worry, you’ll have some down time as well, to head off on your own to explore.
Some of the things we’ll be doing:
- Welcome dinner in my private home
- Tour of the Food Artisans of Trastevere
- Private tour and lunch at the American Academy of Rome
- Dinner at the local pizzeria
- Market walk and Cooking Class
- Cheese and Wine Tasting Dinner
- Day Trip to Orvieto and a cheese maker
- Evening Cocktails
- Gelato and Chocolate Tour
- And more…..
Our tours will take place in the low season, when Rome is blissfully empty and airfares are low.
Week of November 13, 2016SOLD OUT
Week of March 5, 2017: Special Week with Chef and Radio Host Evan KleimanSOLD OUT Week of March 12, 2017SOLD OUT Week of November 12, 2017SOLD OUT
- Week of March 18, 2018
- Week of November 11, 2018
A WEEK IN UMBRIA
Beginning in October 2017 Sophie and I will be offering a Week in Umbria Food Tour. We are extremely excited about this, since it gives us a chance to share our other home. Our villa, Pergolaccio, will be our base from which we will explore the wine, cheese, cured meats, pasta and other good things from the region. You will be staying in your own room in a 17th century palace in nearby Todi.
During this 6 day tour we’ll have the time to truly explore Umbria, from a completely food-centric point of view of course. From breakfast through dinner, we’ll travel all over the the region, tasting, drinking, eating, cooking , learning and having fun. But don’t worry, you’ll have some down time as well, to explore the medieval town of Todi.
Highlights of our Week in Umbria:
- Visit to a goat cheese farm
- Meet the majolica artisans of Deruta
- Spend time with one of the most famous vintners in Umbria, Paolo Bea
- Cooking lessons at Pergolaccio
- Visit to 2 olive mills to see olives being pressed
- Guided olive oil tasting
- Dinners and lunches at local restaurants, and even a truck stop
- Visit to a bakery that grows its own grain
- One full day devoted to Truffles (hunting, cooking and eating)
- Visits to the towns of Todi, Orvieto, Bevagna, Deruta and Montefalco
Week of October 22-28, 2017SOLD OUT
- Week of May 6-12 2018
- Week of October 21-27 2018
I am also available to organize small weeklong private tours, in Rome or Umbria. If you are at least 2 people, we can choose a week that is convenient to you.
Would you like to know more? Just send me an email